Linked Events

• Dinosaur Point Saturday, 21 October: October 21, 2017

Author Topic: Dinosaur Point rides yet once again, Saturday night the 21st  (Read 357 times)

DDK

• Observer
    • View Profile
Dinosaur Point rides yet once again, Saturday night the 21st
« on: October 16, 2017, 01:57:34 PM »
Yep Dinosaur Point will be open Saturday night the 21st for stargazing and general frivolity. The forecast looks just fine.

People have all manner of good choices for that night. The highly genial Santa Cruz gang is heading to the west side of the Pinnacles Saturday night as well. At both sites, telescopes, cameras, all kinds of gear are welcome.
TAC - astro anarchy at work <*>

DDK

• Observer
    • View Profile
Re: Dinosaur Point rides yet once again, Saturday night the 21st
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 04:45:30 PM »
Come to think of it, Charlie Wicks was asking about the Peak for this New Moon, and here a newish guy Kai and friends went to Coe last weekend. So TAC and SCAC are in fact working on inhabiting the hilltops.

And you can reliably go the Peak on a dark night and meet someone observing who never heard of any of our groups.

DDK

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:29:20 PM »
Dino - I gotta mention every time, you need to get there by sunset in order to get in.

The Dinosaur Point regs were just posted last week in that OI. Right here - http://observers.org/index.php/topic,868.0.html

Forget all those excuses. Go to Pinnacles or Dinosaur Point or Coe or the Peak this coming weekend. As my Daddy used to say, "Go outside, get some of the stink blown off."

Kai

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:18:40 PM »
, and here a newish guy Kai and friends went to Coe last weekend.

Coe was too windy last week. For the past few times we were there (doing image), it was often too windy. Probably not so much a big deal for visual... ;-)

-Kai

Dan Wright

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 11:02:39 AM »
I'm going to Dino tonight.