Author Topic: TAC members in my area  (Read 584 times)

Stardust Dave

• Observer
    • View Profile
TAC members in my area
« on: June 29, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »
Hello members.
Id like to say hello and be active on this forum. :)
Do we have any fellow TAC members in my area ? - (the greater Clearlake area.)
That would include as far North as Ukiah, & the lakeside communities close to or around CLK
Would include Hidden Valley Lake ,Middletown,Cobb ,Lower and Upper Lake ,Lucerne...Clearlake Oaks,Spring Valley.
Having seen some reports referencing Bear Vally and Mendocino National Forest, so some of you had been out there before -both of those locations are very close to me.
Id been to Lake Sonoma about 10 years ago ,thats about 1hour 30 minutes SW of my location.

Thanks TAC ,
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:04:51 AM by Stardust Dave »

DDK

• Observer
    • View Profile
Re: TAC members in my area
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 10:44:52 PM »
Here's a welcome to the gang, Stardust. Looks like there aren't any lurkers on observers.org around Clearlake. There are several people here who go to Lake Sonoma.
TAC - astro anarchy at work <*>

dnsmiley

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 09:38:23 AM »
Hi,

I'm in Marin county so Lake Sonoma might be about equidistant from Clear Lake. Is there a way to search for TAC members' location?

thanks

Stardust Dave

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:20:03 AM »
Thanks for the welcome aboard TAC members , DDK
I do know a few fellow observers up here, but they are the observe from home types and armchair.
Which is fine ,but I like to observe out..Looks like my post was browsed a bit, so I tried!
An internet link seems to suggest there was a TAC-SAC and a further North one for Lassen , Redding, Redbluff ect.
Which directed me to this page.
There should be a few familiar faces (or voices)at Lake Sonoma from clubs and events Id been at.
Looking fwd to new ones as well.

Last post, yup. About the same distance for us,with you about 10 minutes & 10 miles closer.
As far as searching member location, Im new- some might list their location in the user profile.
Im thinking of dropping in there New Moon, but not sure of the layout. Id observed in a dirt lot to the right of a gate-off the paved road. The guy Id met said there was another site further up the hill.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:25:42 AM by Stardust Dave »

DDK

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 12:13:16 PM »
Hey Dust. The TAC-SAC used to be really active, and a fun bunch. Most recently they were going to Blue Canyon, wherever that is.
TAC - astro anarchy at work <*>

Mark

• Administrator
  • Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 12:37:37 PM »
Blue Canyon, wherever that is.

Highway 80 near Auburn.

John Pierce

• WebHack
  • Administrator
  • Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 04:05:51 PM »
A former President of the SCAC (Santa Cruz) now lives just east of Sacatomatoes, and is active with the SVAS (I think that's their name?), and yes, goes to Blue Canyon regularly.