Author Topic: Help Upgrading Argo Navis firmware?  (Read 577 times)

wkf

• Observer
    • View Profile
Help Upgrading Argo Navis firmware?
« on: June 18, 2017, 10:18:05 PM »
Does anyone have the capability to help me upgrade the firmware on my Argo Navis?  I'd like to upgrade from v2.0.0 to v3.0.1  I've got cables on order but don't have the RJ-11 to RS-232 piece of the hookup.  Would love to do this before GSSP.  :)

The exact cable I need is the: pn-ser-cbl Argo Navis Serial Cable.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:45:02 PM by wkf »

sgottlieb

• Observer
    • View Profile
Re: Help Upgrading Argo Navis firmware?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »
I'm also interested in updating my AN firmware, as well as the Servocat firmware.  Has anyone performed this update?

-- Steve

wkf

• Observer
    • View Profile
Re: Help Upgrading Argo Navis firmware?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 10:53:09 PM »
I've made some progress as I located my pn-ser-cbl.  However, the firmware fails to update:

I followed the directions in the ArgoLoad program.  I am able to confirm connection from my Mac to the Argo Navis using these steps:

screen /dev/tty.usbserial 38400
% sound

This causes the unit to beep so I know the connection from my Macintosh OS X Sierra to the unit is working fine.  The Argo Navis Serial1 Baud is 38400 and Startup is set to navis.

However, when I put Argo Navis into boot loader v1.0.2 and launch ArgoLoad, all is fine in the executable until I select the file for the firmware upgrade: navis_app301.sgz  Once the file is selected, it leaves a blank white area on the screen where the dialog once was and I get the spinning rainbow color wheel whenever mouse is over the now white area where choose file dialog was or over the ArgoLoad application window.  I rebuilt the ArgoLoad with xCode to use #define SERIAL_DEVICE "/dev/tty.usbserial" instead of default location.

Once the white area appears where the choose file dialog for the firmware file appears, nothing happens no matter how long I wait and I have to kill the locked up ArgoLoad application.  The Argo Navis LED screen never changes from Boot Loader v1.0.2.

Some questions:
  • Is ArgoLoad known to work with Mac OS X Sierra?
  • Is it known to work with Boot Loader v1.0.2 or do I need to update that somehow instead?
  • What else can I try to get the firmware updated?

Steve, will you be at GSSP?  Maybe we can find someone there to help us both upgrade our systems?

I didn't realize that my Servocat needed upgrading too.  I now see that Argo Navis v3.0.0 requires Servocat v7 or later, thanks for alerting me!  I wonder if upgrading to Servocat v7 requires Argo Navis v3.0?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:23:08 PM by wkf »