Author Topic: Observing intents...  (Read 2112 times)

John Pierce

• WebHack
  • Administrator
  • Observer
    • View Profile
Observing intents...
« on: April 29, 2014, 09:56:44 PM »
should Observing intents be on the web site's drupal calendar, or should they be postings on an OI forum ?

what do you guys think?

smigol

• Observer
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Observing intents...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:31:45 PM »
So far, the redirect functions OK.  I'm used to the form.  Would be nice if the form was personalized and kept the location setting from previous use.  For instance, I go to Montebello most of the time, so it would be convenient to have it preselected.  Probably customizable from my browser.

I'd like to see how well putting an intent or checking intents on mobile devices would work.

Also, it would be useful to see how multi-day entries can be handled.  For instance, I recently put a multi-day intent - but one did one form entry and put a time span that covered several days.  I'd expected it to show a long event, instead, it was bound to the first day and once that was gone, it disappeared.  Not an issue, but does mean having to enter multiple times.

Lastly, it would be awesome to be able to view intent history so that you could figure out who a new person you'd met at a site could be when memory fails.

John Pierce

• WebHack
  • Administrator
  • Observer
    • View Profile
Re: Observing intents...
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 11:39:33 AM »
well, the behind the scenes consensus is, the OI's should remain on the TAC calendar, this also enforces some sanity in their layout (via defined fields for date, location, etc).

actually, we may end up using a different forum than this, integrated into the main website instead of completely external like this one.   c'est la vie.