Author Topic: Burglary Alert  (Read 1102 times)

richozer

• Observer
  • My brain hurts
    • View Profile
Burglary Alert
« on: October 23, 2016, 07:44:45 PM »
Burglary Alert!
On Saturday morning, October 15, items were stolen from a Northern CA private observatory including eyepieces and a Mountain Instruments MI-250 equatorial head with a Losmandy GOTO system installed and a Losmandy dovetail and spit rings for a 6 inch refractor. Any information leading to its return is appreciated. Call Nevada Co Sheriff deputy Andrew Liller or owner David Buchla at (530) 273-9783 with information.
Rich Ozer of the Ozer clan.

John Pierce

• WebHack
  • Administrator
  • Observer
    • View Profile
Re: Burglary Alert
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »
geez, that kinda thing really pisses me off.    the odds of the thieves being able to fence that stuff for even 10% of its value is between slim and none.

richozer

• Observer
  • My brain hurts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 07:53:46 PM »
Miraculously, all of this guy's stuff was recovered (except for one eyepiece).  So... end of story.
Rich Ozer of the Ozer clan.

DDK

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »
Phwooa, unprecedented happy ending, far as I've ever heard. Very cool.
Now if anyone sees a 10mm and a 6mm Radian together, they're mine. That was when my eyepiece case got lifted out of my garage, same time my orbital sander walked. The workbench is at the back of the garage. All those thieving idiots wanted was the one black case, not the other.

The garage door now stays closed, I didn't get a new orbital, yet, and the eyepiece case is way inside the house. I'm not sayin' where.
Congrats to your friend, Rozer.
TAC - astro anarchy at work <*>