Author Topic: 17.5" Truss Dob for sale  (Read 1294 times)

MattT

• Observer
    • View Profile
17.5" Truss Dob for sale
« on: September 24, 2016, 10:19:25 AM »
I'm selling my 17.5" Discovery truss dob. It's f/4.9 with a focal length of 86". I bought it used at RTMC in 2015 and have only used it a few times - only twice at a dark site. My knees have started giving me trouble and the scope is a little too big to be fun for me.

The scope is used but in nice condition. I've upgraded it a bit in the 1.5 years I've owned it: replaced the teflon pads, touched up the varnish, added some flocking and etc. The focuser is a JMI EV Crayford, originally an EV-3 that I upgraded to their top of the line EV-1 spec (a $369 value) using the JMI conversion kit, so it can lift heavy eyepieces and has fine gear reduction. I have only ever blown the dust off the mirror, never wet-cleaned it, and the coatings look to be in good shape.

Includes a shroud, foam sleeves for the truss tubes and case for truss tubes, a heavy duty water resistant nylon "coat" from Astrosystems that fits over the entire scope fully assembled. No GOTO, DSCs, or finder included - though there is a Telrad mount and a Synta-style finder shoe.

I'll be going live with an ad on one of the major sites probably tomorrow, but thought I'd give TACos first shot. I'll be asking $2800 on the big classified sites. Pass it on to anyone you know who'd be interested. The scope is located in Walnut Creek, or for Socal buyers I could deliver at Calstar.
-----
Matt Tarlach
Walnut Creek

MattT

• Observer
    • View Profile
Re: 17.5" Truss Dob for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:37:52 PM »
Here are a few images.
-----
Matt Tarlach
Walnut Creek