Author Topic: Another TAC-AL Award  (Read 2947 times)

rljtac

• Observer
    • View Profile
Another TAC-AL Award
« on: December 13, 2015, 12:08:54 PM »
Please join me in congratulating Mark McCarthy, who has earned his Messier award (Honorary) from The Astronomical League.
Way to go Mark!

Dave Ittner

• Observer
    • View Profile
Re: Another TAC-AL Award
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 12:18:35 PM »
Mark, congratulations on achieving this award.  And thanks for all of your informative Observing Reports that you post here as well as over in the SJAA Observers Group.

DDK

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 03:08:17 PM »
McCarthy! You're gonna like that pin. Also one of the very coolest projects, full Messier survey. My how you've grown.
TAC - astro anarchy at work <*>

mccarthymark

• Observer
    • View Profile
    • observing blog
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 12:10:28 PM »
Thanks all for the kind words and recognition.  Doing the AL lists has been a fun way for me to learn the hobby and hopefully become a better observer.
Mark

Marko

• Administrator
  • Observer
    • View Profile
    • Marko's Astronomy Site
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 12:40:53 AM »
Way to go fellow member of the Astro-Mark club.   The Messier objects offer some of the finest detail as they tend to be big in the eyepiece.   You are also in this month's 'Reflector'  and as I was looking about in other awards I found another Mark McCarthy on the H400 award so you have a 'twin' out there somewhere.

Thanks again to Joe-Bob for his efforts and others before him like Jamie for making TAC-AL happen.
Let me roam the deep skies and I'll be content.

mccarthymark

• Observer
    • View Profile
    • observing blog
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 09:08:20 AM »
Actually the Mark McCarthy in the H400 is me; they list me as "member at large" by mistake.  It's also me in the Urban Deep Sky.  I have a few more in the works!

I am grateful for the AL membership through TAC -- it's only $5 a year.  Thanks Joe-Bob!
Mark

rljtac

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 03:06:48 PM »
Congratulations to Mark McCarthy for another AL award: the Double Star Observing Program.
Nice!