Linked Events

• SW lot: January 21, 2015

Author Topic: Wednesday night 21 January, Peak  (Read 2194 times)

DDK

• Observer
    • View Profile
Wednesday night 21 January, Peak
« on: January 18, 2015, 05:56:46 PM »
Will be at the SW lot before it gets dark, I swear, Peter.
Skies on Wunderground look decent, with clouds increasing after 11 or so.
TAC - astro anarchy at work <*>

Peter Natscher

• Observer
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday night 21 January, Peak
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 06:59:28 AM »
Jamie,

I'll be there in the SW Lot too if the good forecast holds.  I'm doing Saturday night also in the FPOA area with Dave Cooper.

Marko

• Administrator
  • Observer
    • View Profile
    • Marko's Astronomy Site
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »
Sounds like a fine way to break in the new year.  If my silly sinus infection permits I will join you fine TACos at the good ol peak after dusting off the 18". 
Let me roam the deep skies and I'll be content.

Peter Natscher

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 04:36:58 PM »
The sky forecast on Skippy Sky looks better for Tuesday night than Wednesday. I can't see into Wednesday yet on the CSC to make a comparison. NOAA says partly cloudy for Tues. and clear for Wednesday.  Skippy Sky shows increasing overcast starting early in the evening. Skippy Sky has been fairly accurate with its 'hourly' forecasts.  I'll wait and see by Tues.-am whether I do the Peak Tuesday night or Wednesday night.  My fall back is Saturday night but that's another four-day-out forecast with its risks.  If Tues. looks clear by noon, then I'll do Tuesday.  We have a lot of variable moisture in the sky.

Marko

• Administrator
  • Observer
    • View Profile
    • Marko's Astronomy Site
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:51:45 PM »
jet stream is right on top of us tomorrow (Tuesday) but away from us Wed.
Of course being clear is more important but if both are equal, I'll take the better seeing Wed.
We will keep an eye on weather (as always).  I think I have let my FPOA dues lag and better check on that as my #1 fav  spot is the pads for the horizons although it's more complex as for getting the 'nod' 48 hr ahead and the combo.

Peter Natscher

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:45:32 AM »
Wednesday's CSC looks good thru midnight so I'll observe on Wednesday night.  Incoming clouds forecast to cover by 2-4am Thurs.  I've decided to observe from the FPOA pads to see objects below -25° DEC, down into S. Canis Major and Puppis -- a favorite location during winter. I have the FPOA gate combo from Ron D. for Wednesday.

DDK

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 11:30:09 AM »
OK, I can be flexible, sounds like the two of you are set on the pads. Look and see, I'm changing my note on the calendar, will write Ron. Now you two miscreants better show up.
TAC - astro anarchy at work <*>

Marko

• Administrator
  • Observer
    • View Profile
    • Marko's Astronomy Site
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 11:52:42 AM »
miscreants ...   Well I am offended yet at the same time admire your keen assessment of Peter and myself or at least myself at any rate  ... LOL

Last night I put in my mulah to renew pads observing as it fell off end of 2014.   I believe for all practical purposes I have done the right thing and paid up using paypal so I should be 'legal' at this time.  Besides, I've supported FPOA with more than my dues over the years so I hope they remember the good times of my past generous donations.
I would prefer the pads and look forward to Wed night at the pads although I may have to walk up to you guys to gain entrance at this late notice and my late renewal from last night.

Peter Natscher

• Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 04:17:28 PM »
Pat Donnelly responded to me that he will be there Wednesday night too, to open up the Observatory!  An FPOA party!!