Author Topic: How to set up your email notifications.  (Read 2830 times)

Marko

• Administrator
  • Observer
    • View Profile
    • Marko's Astronomy Site
How to set up your email notifications.
« on: October 13, 2014, 12:01:31 AM »
This post is to gather some key settings together so that this new TAC forum will act as close as possible to the old TAC eMail list but of course now with many new forums each of which you may listen to or not as you choose.

IMPORTANT ONE TIME ONLY SETUP FOR YOUR PROFILE:
Click on 'Profile' near the top then a few lines below move your mouse over 'Modify Profile' and in the drop down menu select 'Notifications'.  We think it best you setup this page as follows:
- Put a check in 'Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email.'

- Put a check in 'Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic'.

- Put a check in 'When sending notifications of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email'

- Next line has a pulldown for when you want to be notified, I suggest 'Instantly' BUT many TACos used email bulk weekly or daily scheme so you may do that as well in this pulldown menu.

- Next line pulldown menu we suggest ' ... nofify me of:   Replies and moderation
If you dont set the 'Replies and moderation' you are on your own.

We have been working to get nicer looking topic email messages and are making progress, please be patient as it is work in progress but good things coming very soon.

HOW TO SELECT THE BOARDS YOU WANT TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS:
- Click your way to a specific board such as 'Observing Reports'
- Just above where the posts are listed if there is a button that just says 'NOTIFY' then click it and you will have notifications on topics in this board  AND the button will change to say 'UNNOTIFY'.   IF the button you see is showing 'UNNOTIFY' and you wish to STOP notifications then of course press 'UNNOTIFY' and it will switch back to 'NOTIFY'

IMPORTANT:
This means you must go to EACH board you are interested in and setup NOTIFY as they are all off by default upon new user joining the TAC forums.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:01:00 PM by Lumpy Darkness »
Let me roam the deep skies and I'll be content.